Cult Apologists and Anti-Cult Apologists
- One of the last few genuine cannibal sects in the world.
- A look at cults and apologists for cults that's probably as biased as the actual cult writings themselves. This is a good thing.
CESNUR: Center for Studies on New Religions
- Cult apologists who pretend to be "scholarly" sources of information about cult. Nope, they're not biased against anyone – except for the so-called "anti-cult movement."
Coalition for Religious Freedom and Tolerance
- A Mormon-sponsored site whining about persecution of Mormons, disguised as fighting for "religious freedom."
Cult Awareness Network
- Do you want biased, whining pandering that talks down to you when it comes to information about cults? You can't do better (or worse) than these folks.
Cult News Network
- Rick Ross' daily newsblog (with a neat graphical interface) containing daily news blurbs about cult activities.
Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- These guys try to offer a fair and neutral look at controversial religious groups. Too bad they have their own biases.
- A Christian anti-cult group that's pretty broad in their definition of a "cult."
A few other rival cults can be found in our section dedicated to letting you Know Your Enemy. Those groups are the ones that truly represent the worst dregs of humanity – though they still pretend to be preaching the True Word to anyone who'll listen. You may also want to take a look at our listings of Pseudo-Scientific Wackos and New Age Crap – depending on whether you want cults who proclaim themselves based on "scientific" or "spiritual" beliefs.
AvatarScam – Son of Scientology.
- Spin-offs from the Scientology syndicate can be just as dangerous, deadly, and abusive to your bank account as the original.
- The mother of all faith healing groups.
Church of Universal Love and Music
- Because music truly is the universal language.
The Esoteric Order of Dagon
- Group that explores the intersection of magick and the Cthulhu Mythos.
- A.K.A. the Children of God. Sorry, folks, these guys don't have sex with you for God anymore. Waaaaaahhhh!!!
Growing in Grace
- A Latin American congregation led by a man who calls himself Jesus Christ and the AntiChrist.
- The Watchtower and Bible Tract Society – famous for their door-to-door prosyletizing, refusal to give blood transfusions, and repeated end-of-the-world prophecies.
- Football stadiums of knuckle dragging neanderthal bigots, some of which attempted a "Million Bigot March" against Washington but their numbers ended up being far less than they had hoped for. They advocate the domination and subjecation of women and the demonization of homosexuals, all under the guise of "being of service" to their wives and community, and under the guise that they're "meeting the promise" of their marriages before their Christian gods. The fact that the "little woman" never ASKED to be dominated and subjecated under ANY excuse is something these knuckle draggers don't bother thinking about.
- Former hippie Christians who follow in the footsteps of the Amish.
- Publishers of the New Bigger Bible With Lots Of Important Stuff Added.