To avoid boring the reader with scientific claptrap about possible irreversible yada yada, let's focus on Erowid's more optimistic perspective.
- forced meditation (and you don't even have to be a slave owned by the Dalai Lama)
- get over jet lag
- eliminate epileptic seizures
- treats depression
- enjoy a tightness in the stomach or chest, ringing in the ears, metallic taste in the mouth and faint tingling
- can last for months after the super-magnets zap your brain
- See no evil, or at least, not "certain visual stimuli"
- Hear no evil, or at least, no auditory hallucinations if you're schizophrenic (and who isn't)?
- Speak no evil (Yes, Mr. Anderson, that means you)
- As Muntazer al-Zaidi could tell you, targeting the right side brings Euphoric Happiness
- Like Lee Harvey Oswald never said, blasting away at the left side brings Apathy and Sadness
- Substitutes for Electro Shock Treatment
- Increases creativity
- Makes people draw like autistic savants, which is to say, better than they ever could.
- Real Scientist claims that UFOs, paranormal experiences, ghosts, religion, and no doubt the Church of Subgenius is caused by pulsed electromagnetic variations in the air. But he doesn't explain whether that is because Jupiter is the rising sign or passing through the eighth house.